FINALLY ITS HERE! SUMMER!!!
Time for sunshine, vacation and the lake! I am so excited for it to be summer! This summer I want it to be different. Now that I have my passion project #Terynitup I feel more motived than ever to stay active this summer. I live in Chicago and summer is literally 3 very short months, and it always flies by so fast before I know it, its Labor Day and I wasted the entire summer just working and watching TV. So this summer I want to do a few things:
- Roof Top bar. This is all the buzz this summer in Chicago. Lucky for me one of my management teams roof tops were on the hottest list of rooftop bars in Chicago so I have a little bit of an in! I want to go to at least 3 this summer
- Hiking at Starve Rock. Starve rock is about 2 hours away from me but has some of the most beautiful views. Its been forever since I have been there and a hike with friends is just what I need this summer.
- I want to start Bullet Journaling. I have a new found passion for planning. I actually have 2 planners. One at work and one for home and I sync everything with my google calendar. I will do a entire post about my bullet journal in the fall and how I feel like it has helped me reach my goals.
- Family Time! I want to make it my goal to come out to visit my family at least once a week and have dinner with my siblings at least 3 times this summer. Were all so busy so it would be really nice to catch up with them.
- Less TV and more READING!
How many times can we watch the same reality shows with the same drama! This summer is all about detoxing my mind of petty drama on tv (and in real life) and sparking a new curiosity through reading. I will still have a few summer shows that I cannot live without like the Shahs of Sunset, Game of Thrones and Million Dollar Listing that I will just record all summer and binge watch on a rainy day.
This year my goal is to read 5 books this summer. I used to love reading as a child and I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Earlier this year I read “The Year of Yes” and I am feeling so inspired by Shonda Rimes. Right now I am really into girl boss books like You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero and I want to read her next book called You Are A Badass At Making Money! I love her writing style. So here is my summer reading list.
- You are a badass at making money-Jen Sincero
- Boss Bitch by Nicole Lapin
- I Am That Girl: How to speak your truth, discover your purpose and #Bethatgirl by Alexis Jones
- Ask For It : The high cost of avoiding negotiation and positive strategies for change by Sara Laschever
- Big Magic- Creatvie Living beyond fear
Once I am done reading each book I will do a short post about my thoughts of the books. I am so excited to dive in and learn!
What are your plans for the summer? Let me know in the comments!